See the little ball things? NOT SAND! :)
So then I got to looking around at everything else, and these little round clear balls were everywhere...
This is just an example of the other places that the little balls are...
So, naturally... I Googled what a gold fish egg looks like and have mercy, friends... that is what is everywhere in our huge tank. I then read more about them, and realized that the frenzy in the corner earlier must have been a massive feast, cuz the fish will then eat the eggs that are layed. I gaged a little at that. Once we knew that, my girl immediately went into mommy mode and told us that we had to protect the ones that were left. Good greif. :) So we scooped up the grass things and put them in a seperate little box thing that floats in the big tank. If they are fertilized we should know in 24 to 48 hours cuz they will start hatching. The ones in the big tank need your good wishes cuz they will be left to their own devices for survival. I feel so unprepared. :) Ha! Guess we'll see what happens.
Otherwise... things have been status quo. :) The day before yesterday, Tuesday (?), we went to our neighbors and picked Mulberry's. It was heavenly.
This is what my fingers looked like after the picking, and of course a picture of the booty.
They were so sweet and delicious. I had hoped to make a crisp or a crumble with them, but they barely made it past my front door. I had not had mulberry's in years, and it was such a special treat. It took me right back to my childhood when I would visit my daddy in Kansas, and I would play with my friends across the street from him, and they had a huge mulberry tree that us kids would eat our fill of. I always ate more, after all, they lived with that tree.
Anyway... hope your week has been going well, too. Only one more day till the weekend, friends.
God bless you!



8 comments:
Just like Finding Nemo! You have to name one of them Nemo, I insist! Cute story
The boys and I miss your sweet smiles..... hope to see you soon"!!
Cute eggs! I hope you get baby fishes!
I was thinking of Finding Nemo too! I always get emotional when the shark eats all the eggs.
No, we don't live in CO...we live in the Midwest US. That's why it's so funny that my husband is a Broncos fan. No one around here likes them. His favorite uncle was from Denver and he used to spend summers there. When we first dated, we had a rivalry because I happened to follow the Browns. Hmmm. Now I don't really follow football much. But the Broncos are wearing off on me. And I'll forgive you for one wandering apostrophe! :)
Guess who won the VINTAGE SKYE PULLS on a' la mode????? YOU!!!! email me at alamodemaven@gmail.com to claim within 72 hours!!!! xoxo shel
I'm looking forward to what happens with your baby goldfish. I'm following now!
~robin
We had fish when I was growing up and only got babies once. But, I didn't realize that fish eat their eggs. Maybe that's why. Good luck with your eggs!
Post a Comment