I feel like the last two weeks have been crazy busy, but I can't remember why. :)
Last Thursday was a field trip day. To the pumpkin patch. And it was PERFECT! All rainy, cloudy, cool type weather. This week the K-1 class took the same trip and were sad that it didn't actually feel like fall while there. That day, I missed the gym. :( The next day, I missed the gym too, cuz I kept my boy home from preschool. He was having a rough morning, and I wasn't feeling it, so I kept him. We both needed a mental health day. :)
Today... it is Thursday again. Today and tomorrow the boy has no school for Parent Teacher Conferences. Ours was this morning. He is doing well in EVERYTHING. To prove it, he turned on the CD player while there and did a little dance. His teacher said he just found a little job for himself when they do circle in the mornings. ;) She asked if I had any problems or concerns, and I was direct, and said that I thought the class aides were impatient with a the kids, and although River keeps busy in that class, he has no where to go. SHE TOTALLY AGREED' WITH ME. Otherwise, nothing new was discovered. He is by no means perfect, and able to keep up with a kindergartner, but that is because he is not that old yet. Does he match colors, or do puzzles perfectly, no. But is he a smarty pants, who needs to be with his typical peers... YES. :) Praise God that we are able to supplement for now. :) I missed the gym again this morning. Today was a Zumba day. :(
Tomorrow I will miss the gym again, I am hoping to squeeze in some girl time. Even if we do nothing other than chit chat for a couple hours. :)Next week will be back to normal I hope, and I will be back to my 5 day a week gym routine. I miss it when I don't go. And I like to go in the mornings to have it done before anything else. It just feels right.
So.... today is day 13. The fact I have to share is this... Although people with Ds often share common characteristics due to that one extra chromosome they will resemble their parents and siblings more. Typical people have 46 chromosomes and people with DS have 47. 23 chromosomes come from mom and 23 come from dad. It's that extra special chromosome that sets people with Ds apart and gets you into the "best" club around!
This boy looks just like his daddy when he was a baby.
Someday I will learn how to scan pics in to show a comparison. :)
I will be back tomorrow. God Bless You!
No comments:
Post a Comment