Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 16...

Well, another weekend gone. :( (*HEAVY SIGH*). I hope yours was great. Ours was productive, and way too short. Throw in a kids Birthday party, and it sucks up a good bit of your time. Ha!

Well... I am sure that I have not posted a few facts about Down syndrome, but I think for the most part I have hit all the highlights. I may share what some common traits or health conditions are that some people with Ds may have. But I will save that for another day.

Today I will share just a sign/picture with you.


And that my friends is the truth, right there. I try to raise all of my children, special needs or not, to be kind, and compassionate. No matter what. Period. I can't stand it when I see little kids be disrespectful, or rude, or cruel. I feel like it all stems from the parents, and what they are, and ARE NOT teaching at home. I had one mother of a little boy tell me that she basically raises her children to do what they want. What can you say to someone like that? Where are her morals? Her values? Her standards of living? If you are not directing your children in the RIGHT way to be, they are picking up ugly ideas and beliefs from the world.

I'll be back tomorrow. God Bless You! Hope the start to your week is great!

2 comments:

Shirley Slee said...

Soo true! It breaks my heart to look back when I was in school and remember all the bullys to the special needs children! My prayer is that these sweet kids are ok today!

Penny's Peeps said...

very true!