Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 30...

Today is Day 30. Woot! Woot! One more day, people! We can do it!
I saw this sweet poem on FB and thought I would share here. :)

When you were but a tiny speck, one deep within my womb, something happened to your cells as life began to bloom. A 'chromosomal abnormality' is what the doctors say, but you are EXACTLY what I asked for each night as I would pray: "Dear Lord, send me a happy child who will not grow up too fast, (for I love the joys of childhood & I wanted that to last) send me a child who sleeps all night & doesn't often cry, a little boy with endless love & a willingness to try." That little extra chromosome, that number 21, gave me all I ever wanted, YOU, my precious one! Happy Down syndrome awareness month! I love you... JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!

But, for realz, let me tell you, my boy is a restless sleeper, and 3 years has hit us like a freight train. Ha! And not even all of three, though. More like since he started public preschool. He can throw a bit tantrum these days, and do some dramatic crying like any other 3 year old. Ha! Damn that school. What are they doen to my boy. I am sure some of it is age appropriate, but I believe alot of it is learned. :(

He is all boy. Busy, busy, busy. And we love him just as he is.

2 comments:

Shirley Slee said...

Yes Cory let me know I'd love to meet up as well! It's fun for kids to run around and be free there! Love the poem so perfect...

~she~ said...

Wow, I didn't realize how long it had been since you posted! I think Autism month wore you out! Quit being a slacker and get back on board! :)

Gee, thanks for bringing up the diet! (That was sarcasatic.) I know I need to get back on it but I'm enjoying the last remnants of baked goods from the holidays! Hope your Christmas was awesome!