Friday, February 18, 2011

Cleansing Rain...


I love days like this. It soothes my body, quiets my mind. And... this beautiful rain keeps everything a beautiful shade of green.
I didn't always feel that way. About 15 years ago it rained for a month straight, and I was sent into a tail spin. I spiralled so far down that all I did for that month was cry. E.V.E.R.Y.D.A.Y. It was painful to be awake. The anxiety and depression I felt was overwhelming. But through it all God was faithful to me. He sent me friends, and Dr's that helped me get through that time in my life, so that today I can enjoy THE RAIN.
It is funny to think that just being in a rainy enviornment could do that to a person, but it did. It set off a depression in me. I literally felt like there was a cloud covering my brain because it was dark everyday. Some of my healing came simply when the sun came out and I could sit outside with my face in the sun and let the sun hit my closed eye lids. I needed that Vitamin D.
But now, all these years later I rejoice at a bit of a shift in the climate. A little bit of a seasonal change. Now... the rain has become a unexpected healing in a way. It makes things fresh and new. Washing away the heavy dust that is often around our home. It encourages us to hunker down. To cuddle a little more.
Today I can see clearly that everything is temporary. I can instead rejoice in what today has to offer. Today, I was offered rain.

1 comment:

Penny's Peeps said...

this is so lovely...so honest....thank you for sharing your life! you are awesome! been catching up tonight on your other posts as well...love it! you're very talented! i'm so glad you decided to blog! hugs and love!