Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter...

Today is GLORIOUS Easter Sunday, or resurrection day, and it was very quiet here for us. The sun only came out this morning for a bit, but the rest of the day it was gloomy, and at times even misty.

Even though we didn't participate in a church service out in the world, I have done some growing and reflecting this past week, and today. For the first time in a great many years I have a real sense of the meaning of this time of year. Today, I rejoiced in the fact that I serve a risen God! Even though I have KNOWN it, I seem to have a real awareness this year. Even during the week leading up to today, I sort of recounted the last hours of Jesus life here in this world before his crucifixion. What Jesus went through for me, wow! It drops me to my knees! And it changed the lives of Christians forever! We have so much to be thankful for! Praise God!

This morning I heard a beautiful song, and you can hear it HERE. It is called In Christ Alone, and each word is so true!

Today, we just hunkered down and were family here at home. I made beef stew in the crock pot, and we did a little egg hunt for my girl and boy out side. It was fun. Also we let them have Easter baskets. As time goes by I am more and more conflicted on this issue. I wonder are other folks feeling this too. I know there are the flat out strict Christians who don't even mess with pagan, worldly rituals, but there are others who sort of do both like us, I guess. It is hard. I remember my mom flat out cut me off of candy, and baskets at a very early age, and now, I am sort of regretting letting my kids go down this basket path. I just REALLY want to make sure that my kids are grounded in the truth. And for as much as I believe my girl (I don't worry as much about River, yet) is God's girl, I am also aware that she is HIGHLY influenced by things in the world. Grr!

Anyway, here are some pictures from today... and this last week...

Please ignore my house, and the UGLY wall paper. It is the 40's revisited. We are in a constant state of remodelling something.

It takes a very secure man to wear the bunny mask, folks! I appriciate this about him. I do, however, draw the line at footie PJ's. That I will not allow, and thankfully he has never asked to wear them. Ha!




And... to play catch up a little more, here are a couple more pictures...

Last Monday, my girls class made a field trip to the Rueben H Fleet Science Center. This is her class, with the kindergarteners as well. They all love each other.

                                                            
My girl collecting her snails. Ha! And a glimpse of what the boy faced wonder boy will look like with his new specs.

I hope you all have a beautiful week ahead. And may you enjoy the magic in your ordinary days! Thanks for stopping by. God bless!

No comments: