Saturday, May 14, 2011

These Days....

Ooohhh... these days. Life has been zooming by at an outrageous speed. There is only a couple weeks left of school, and I will then be the mother of a second grader. :-/ I want to freeze time some days, and on other ones I am glad that time speeds me forward.

Last week, on the 2nd, we had to make the sad decision to put our long time buddy Jasper to sleep.

 Next last week, on the 5th, Sierra's class went on another field trip. :-) This time it was to Oceanside Harbor for a sea voyage. The chicks were taking a harbor, turned ocean cruise on a floating lab/classroom called the Sea Star.


And a couple times in there, my girl also lost a couple teeth. :-) I don't want to forget how cute she is without them toofers. The loss of the first was cute...

 Anyway... I want to try to keep up with this blogging thing better, but it is sort of a chore doing it on a stationary PC. I've got my hubs, or a kiddo lookin over my shoulder, and it sort of takes away the creative flow. :-(  Someday I will have a laptop, and baby look out, it will be on. Ha!

This week has been status quo, until Thursday. After school my girl spiked a 102.1 fever. :-/ She has had a cold that has been taking forever to get over, and then this. This morning the hubs and I were both hit with something too. He is not looken well. I feel better tonight than I did this morning. Praise God! I hate being sick, and having to take care of littles.

Next week, Rivers glasses should be in. That is exciting. :-) I will post pictures then. He has just been  such a mix of lover and beasty lately. I am really enjoying him so so much. He is trying to say all sorts of words, and seems to be changing so much to me. I love to see him blossom. This week and last I have been taking him to get evaluations for his IEP that is coming up at the end of this month. I hate it, quite honestly. I already know what our school district offers, and I need to find a way to make it work so that I can feel comfortable having him in school. Part of the time he will be in the preschool that he has already been in since last September, with the same teachers even. But for the rest of the week, I am curious to see what the school district has in mind. I have been envious of all the other moms who have recently walked this path before me, and they all seem THRILLED with what their districts have offered. We will see I guess.

Last week on the day we put Jasper down, River ran away. Not on purpose I am sure, but it made me lose my mind. He went about a quarter of a mile away from our house. Thankfully there is not a lot of traffic in our immediate area, however it was trash day that day, and honestly anything could have happened. I had to take my truck out to go find him. I had been cleaning out the room Jasper had been in, and didn't hear him open the door. He was gone for about 10+ minutes. You better believe we have child locks on the doors now. :-/ It was a terrible lesson to learn, and I am thanking God that nothing happened.

Guess that is it for now....Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend. God Bless!

No comments: