Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 10...

Well, today is day 10 and the fact I have to share is this... In many Eastern European countries, babies that have Down syndrome are often abandoned at birth. To have a disability is not something that is socially accepted there. If children are not adopted from the Baby Home by age 4, they are transferred to an older kids orphanage, or an institution. And many times those institutions are filled with adults. These precious children are left in cribs, and many times tied there. They are never touched, held, or told how wonderful they are.

This little girl is 11 years old. Are you shocked? I was.

No child deserves to be treated like this. Period!
Every day I pray that God is blanketing these beautiful children some how. They are wasting away, and slaughtered because of peoples ignorance. The most innocent of society tortured because people are so filled with hate. Grr!!
I beg for God's mercy. I beg for his swift return.

I'll see you back here tomorrow.
God Bless You!


3 comments:

~she~ said...

So sad to realize that these things are still happening in today's world.

I just finished a book called "The Story of Beautiful Girl." You might enjoy it. It's very clean and wholesome, which I like. It's about institutions in the 60s. Definitely an eye-opener.

Shirley Slee said...

Shameful, thanks for sharing, such a horrible example of not caring for our own.

Cassandra said...

11?? That is such a shame.